Sunday, January 29, 2006

MacWorld Stevenote

I finally have time to write about the new things from Apple.

Really, I didn't expect an Intel iMac so soon. It was updated only two months ago. At that time I thought iMac would be one of the last models to be switched to Intel. I think everyone else was as surprised as I was.

That name MacBook Pro is quite bad indeed. I like PowerBook so much. But I really like the Remote will the MacBook, this is perfect for presenters (using the latest version of Keynote). Steve said it is really fast, but you can't trust him too much. You have to note those "Universal" things and real life is not like those numbers (he said "4x").

iLife... I want to buy it, but I just don't have money. iWeb seems quite attractive. iPhoto is great, and I don't quite care about the others. But I think I should wait another year for a better version of iWeb (there are many things to improve in iWeb).

iWork doesn't seem like a great update. I don't have iWork now. But I'm not a person who needs to present a lot and make many documents. I still don't need it now. Perhaps next year (when they'll have spreadsheet, though I don't need it).

Overall this Stevenote is not as good as others. It's a bit boring sometimes. My favourite part is probably when Steve made a podcast. Quite funny. People say a big announcement was cut from the keynote. Maybe that's why this keynote is not as good.

No comments: