Sunday, January 01, 2006

Modern Browsers

Yesterday I tried to go to a website, but I forgot to type ".com". Surprisingly, Safari automatically added ".com" to the thing I typed and went to the website successfully. It's so good. It can save you 1-2 seconds. But for a website that ends with ".net", Safari can't go there, but went to another website that ends with ".com". I guess ".com" has a priority.

Today I tried it with Firefox. It works the same way for ".com". But for the website that ends with ".net", Firefox can go there, instead of going to the ".com" website. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I have went there before in FF. Then it means FF is smarter.

Yesterday I tried it with IE on a PC, it didn't work. Old IE is so bad it doesn't have this handy feature.

That's the difference between good browsers and bad browsers. I would like to know which is the first browser to have this function. I suspect that FF has copied many Safari's feature (like Customise Toolbar, this function appears in many Mac apps, including Finder, so I don't think Apple copied FF.)

No comments: