Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Rebooted for I don't know how many times yesterday

Yesterday Mac OS X 10.4.6 was released. So naturally I had to reboot. But it was more than that.

First I rebooted because I wanted to solve my issue of the computer not sleeping automatically. Well, it's not solved.

Second thing, I had the hacked Front Row long ago, but an OS update broke that. Yesterday I saw people mentioning that Apple didn't break FR with the new update. And I've been missing FR lately when I want to view a movie. So I decided to hunt for it again. After all, it's impossible for Apple to completely remove the hack. There are many mirrors for it and Apple can never remove their update of FR.

A correct install of a hacked FR requires two reboots, as far as I can tell. I think I incorrectly installed it before I updated to 10.4.4, so the icons of Spotlight and time and other system things disappeared. But this time I got it quite correct and I've rebooted so many times I don't think it will go wrong again.

After that I ran the new OS update. The Mac rebooted twice. I don't know why. But it's normal anyway.

Let's count it. Five reboots! I saw the bootup screen for the highest number of times in my life yesterday.

No comments: